Due to the latest lockdown situation, all classes will now be via Zoom until further notice.
All students have been sent an email with the Zoom log in details. If you have not received this, or if you are new to DMAA and want to get involved, please contact us.
Whilst Zoom training is not quite the same as training together in the Dojang, we urge you to make the effort to attend. Not much space is required to practice your TaekwonDo skills effectively, and you will still get a good workout – and it is also good fun! (At the least, you will be keeping the Instructor company!!!)
Please wear your usual TaekwonDo uniform and observe the Tenets at all times.
Each session you attend will count towards your training record, which is very important if you want to be considered for future gradings. Please try to attend a minimum of 2 sessions per week.
Remember, TaekwonDo is excellent for maintaining both physical and mental health, and regular training helps to keep in touch with a sense of normality. If you know of anyone who would benefit from TaekwonDo training with DMAA, please recommend us to them.
We are immensely proud of the wonderful ongoing support from our students and look forward to the day when we can all train together once more in the Dojang.
Training Rules: Please read carefully
If you or anyone in your family have a temperature or fever, a new cough or cold like symptoms or loss of taste/smell then you MUST NOT attend class and notify us as soon as possible.
There will be NO student to student contact during classes (e.g. sparring) and social distancing will be maintained throughout the session.
- Please create an account under the Book Training section so that you can manage your training. If you cannot make a session that you have booked, please log in to cancel your booking asap. This is really important as it may enable another student to take your place at short notice.
- Tigers need to be accompanied by a maximum of 1 adult/guardian, who MUST wear a face mask throughout the session.
- Parents/guardians and students over 11 years of age MUST wear a face mask into each venue.
- Students DO NOT need to wear them during training.
- Juniors at both venues will need to be dropped off and collected on time please. Parents/guardians are not permitted to stay and watch (as this would reduce the number of students able to train at any one time).
- Footwear MUST be worn during class. No bare feet please. No crocs or flip-flops either.
- Please DO NOT drive into St Mary’s Church Hall car park. We need this to be kept clear to ensure safe transition of students to parents between classes.
- MAP will be temperature checking all attendees over 12 years of age upon entry to the building. If you have a temperature of 37.8C or higher you will be asked to leave.
- We will operate a one way system at both venues: enter through the main door into the Dojang and use Fire Exits to leave.
- Please try to avoid using the toilets unless you really need to. If you do use them, make sure you wash or sanitise your hands after.
- Please do not enter St Mary’s building until instructed to do so.
- Please do not enter MAP gymnasium until instructed to do so (but you may enter the building and wait in the corridor but please maintain social distancing).
- There will be NO changing facilities at either venue so arrive in your Dobok and belt, ready to go.
- Please DO NOT bring sparring kit or any excess baggage to class.
- Once dismissed, please collect your belongings and exit the building swiftly. Juniors will only be allowed to leave when we can see your parent/guardian outside the exit.
- Please avoid talking to others or the Instructor at the end of class. If you need to discuss anything, please do so outside or please phone us or email. This will ensure that we can turn around classes on time and will let us sanitise between sessions.
Names and dates will be recorded at every session to comply with Track & Trace.
DMAA waiver MUST be electronically signed prior to training by all (this will be sent by email).
It is essential that these conditions are adhered to in order to make sure we can continue to train at the venues. Please respect the rules at all times.
FREE TASTER SESSIONS
Free taster sessions for kids or juniors and adults are available for beginners at every session. Just let us know that you are coming in advance so that we can give you a warm welcome and, if you don’t want to join in at first, just come along and watch (you will need to wear a mask). Normal training clothes are fine, such as shorts or leggings and a t-shirt, and trainers/gym shoes.
Call us on 07738206163 or click here to email.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
We are the most affordable TaekwonDo academy in Plymouth. Unlimited training, 6 days a week, at venues across Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton and Saltash costs as little as £28 a month for Taekwon Tigers and £38 a month for Adults and Juniors. We are also family friendly: the whole family can train for less with our family and couple discounts too. The highest paying family member is full price and every other member of the family is £22.